Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| APEX Engineering Solutions ||Job Code:||1210-35_1351176057||Salary Band:||50 000 - 74 999||Salary Details:||£40000 - £50000 per annum + Company car, Training||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||England||Address:||Job Sector:||Renewables||Sub Sector:||Hydro||Skill:||Facilities & Property||
Authorising Engineer - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract |
We are currently recruiting for an Authorising Engineer for a 12 month fixed term contract to support the implementation, monitoring and audit of MoD specified Safe Systems of Work.
To participate in the Civil Government Business Improvement programme.
Delegated responsibilities for the performance of the AE Services unit.
This is a mobile role that requires travel across the UK.
The following list is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time.
Authorising Engineers have the following summary responsibilities: to interview and where appropriate appoint Authorised Persons in the disciplines for which the post holder's specialism is valid.
* To carry out audits of the safe systems of work for which the post holder's specialism is valid.
* To produce reports of all AP interviews undertaken, appointments, audit findings and action plans.
* To provide general advice and support to Authorised Persons within the post holder's specialism.
* As delegated, attend monthly defence meetings and other Civil Government meetings as required.
* Assist in creating a set of year on year continuous improvement objectives in line with the strategy.
* To assist in the management and development of staff.
* Assist in developing cost saving initiatives within the objectives, delegated authority for specific functional aspects of the AE business unit.
Knowledge skills & experience
* Develop good professional working relationships with Civil Government Management Team and other members of the shared services team including HR, QSHE, IT, finance and commercial.
* Acting as a delegated authority and focal point on specific safe systems of work with Defence Estates Authorising Authorities, trainers, contractors and other authorities in the same or similar field.
* Communicate all relevant information from the Civil Government Management Team and shared services team when acting in a delegated capacity. Ensure that all delegated authority policy and procedures, memorandums and notices are disseminated to relevant personnel under your control.
* Develop a good professional working relationship with our customers and key stakeholders.
* Qualified to a higher technical standard In Building, Civil Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Facilities Management or equivalent.
* Be a member of (or working towards) a relevant engineering Chartered Institute at a minimum of Incorporated Engineer.
* Understand the Strategy, policies and standards relating to safe systems of work and also functional standards associated with systems and equipment to be found on the Defence Estate.
* Have an understanding of Human Resources Procedures.
* Have an understanding of Industry standards outside of the Civil Government Sector to assist in benchmarking of policy and arrangements.
* Effective negotiating, communication and influencing skills (Written and Oral).
* The ability to be part of a team in a complex fast moving business and deliver business targets in tight timeframes.
* Ability to develop innovative solutions to support contract requirements.
* Represent Interserve at Senior management level within Civil Government as may be required by delegated authority.
* Have worked in a MoD environment and have experience of WSM or similar types of contract.
* Have in depth experience of the Safe Systems of Work and other standards and codes of practice to enable active development of solutions, support operations and recommend policy.
* Experience at a management level and specifically within the operational delivery of Hard Services.
* Have a good understanding of financial management.
Assist the Unit in driving the Strategic Agenda
* Be capable of supporting / contributing to the growth targets of the business therefore identifying opportunity is key.
* Being capable of implementing requirements of a team as well as the business in delivering a high performance, efficient and cost effective services.
* Being capable of identifying areas of inefficiency and improvement opportunities.
Deliver High Performance
* Assist in identifying/optimising resource requirements and assist in managing the development of staff to achieve the business objectives.
* Assist in developing targets and objectives for the unit to ensure higher standards are achieved.
Commitment to Self and Others
* Motivate and encourage personal development.
* Equipping people with the skills to do their job and achieve higher standards.
|Preferred Experience:||All Experience Levels||Position Type:||Contract||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||Yes||Required for work/interview immediately:||Yes||Post Date:||25/10/2012||Expiration Date:||24/11/2012|