FM Technical Operator
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| APEX Engineering Solutions ||Job Code:||1210-25_1350575975||Salary Band:||0-24 999||Salary Details:||£23000 per annum||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Liverpool||Address:||Job Sector:||Renewables||Sub Sector:||Biomass||Skill:||
Facilities & Property
FM Technical Operator |
As Technical Operator you will be responsible for the processing of all red route reactive and more in depth additional works, also involving obtaining authorisation via the client on majority of our contracts, liaising with sub contractors or direct labour and calculating and submitting quotations to the client.
The role will be based in Liverpool city centre and the successful candidate will need to complete a security check upon appointment.
* Responsible for the processing of all reactive works requiring authority via the client.
* Detailed planning and co-ordination of work with Service Managers and supply chain.
* Support of incidental works and other new works programmes.
* Ensure that information held on information management system (IMS) is accurate and timely.
* Overseeing the delivery of services by directly employed staff and supply chain ensuring adequate resources are available to meet established, programmed and reactive services.
* Ensure that only those appropriately qualified or experienced staff carry out services allocated to them efficiently, safely and to standard.
* Liaison with client representatives and customers
* Development of positive working relationships with outsourced service providers
* Budget Management
* Management of budget to ensure works are completed to time and cost
* Fraud / Commercial Protocol awareness
* Responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, Health & Safety, Quality Assurance & Environment.
* Contribute to the review of supply chain partners to meet service needs.
Knowledge skills & experience
The ideal FM Technical Operator will exhibit the following essential technical competencies for the role:
* Experience in a similar FM role (pricing and managing sub-contracted or directly delivered works).
* A good understanding of commercial and budgetary management.
* IT literate, demonstrable knowledge of operating computer aided facilities management software packages (i.e. Maximo or similar). Use of MS Office and Excel software suite.
* Experience in dealing with sub-contractors and supply chain.
* Experience of successful process management.
* Understanding of help desk/call centre processes and work flow.
* We are looking for a FM Technical Operator who remains calm under pressure, commands respect, has the confidence of their colleagues and can communicate effectively at all levels.
* They will also be confident in making decisions and follow up their decisions with action, achieving objectives by motivating and working through others.
* He or she should be able to view short-term targets in the light of longer-term objectives, work
within agreed systems and procedures, and maintain accurate records.
* The ideal candidate will continuously pursue high standards, embrace change, recognise improvement opportunities and learn from experience.
* The ideal candidate will also be able to balance commercial considerations with the needs of
colleagues and clients, uses consultation and negotiation to reach agreement, critically examine
numerical, financial and written data, and track delivery against specifications and budgets.
|Preferred Experience:||Entry Level/Graduate||Position Type:||Permanent||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||Yes||Required for work/interview immediately:||Yes||Post Date:||18/10/2012||Expiration Date:||17/11/2012|