QA/QC Officer - Solar PV, South Africa
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Spencer Ogden ||Job Code:||SO_QA/QCO_AD_1350405258||Salary Details:||Negotiable||Country:||South Africa||City:||South Africa||Address:||Job Sector:||Renewables||Sub Sector:||Solar||Skill:||Quality/Inspection||
QA/QC Officer - Solar PV South Africa |
A QA/QC Officer is urgently required to join a leading company in the solar PV sector to manager the successful construction of utility scale solar PV plants in South Africa.
The position is on a long term contract basis and will be working with a global EPC contractor with vast experience in the construction of large scale renewable energy projects on a global basis.
They have an extensive pipeline of projects in South Africa and are looking for an experience and skilled QA/QC Officer to drive these projects forward.
- Draw up and maintain the quality control plan and on-site quality control instructions and procedures, under the supervision of the Quality Manager.
- Perform site quality verification inspections.
- Request and maintain quality control records.
- Approve supplier and subcontractors' Quality Plans Review of IPPs.
- Oversee compliance with contractor and subcontractor quality programmes and review their quality documentation. The contractors' and subcontractors' quality programmes must be aligned with Project Quality Control Plan, which will prevail in case of discrepancy.
- Administer the non-conformities
- Review final quality verification documentation of suppliers, ascertaining that this is complete and properly identified with the supplies.
- Where applicable, he will coordinate legal registration of installations with supervisory bodies.
- Regularly inform the Project Quality Assurance Coordinator of any non-conformities detected and the corrective actions adopted.
- Supervise the realisation, circulation and archiving of documentation regarding on site quality
- Update the on-site organisational structure.
- At least 5 years experience as a QA/QC officer
- Deep Knowledge in the application of OHS Act
- Good written and fluent oral English
- Worked in power plants and civil construction
Attractive rates are available.
Aidan Dodgson - Solar ConsultantFor more information about this role please contact our London office
|Preferred Experience:||5-10 years||Position Type:||Permanent||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||Yes||Required for work/interview immediately:||Yes||Post Date:||16/10/2012||Expiration Date:||15/12/2012|