Senior Subsea Mechanical & Construction Engineer
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Spencer Ogden ||Job Code:||15538 _1349456859||Salary Band:||100 000+||Salary Details:||£500 - £550 per day + Travel, Accom||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Scotland||Address:||Job Sector:||Renewables||Sub Sector:||Marine (Wave and Tidal)||Skill:||Design||
A leading wave company with a rapidly developing business as well as technology is seeking a senior subsea mechanical & construction engineer. |
The aspects of the role will include;
* Design, develop and implement engineering solutions to maximise operation and availability of technology
* Identify and deliver engineering solutions which maximise the concepts of standardisation which can be applied in mass manufacture and a subsea environment.
* Review of internal and external design documents and methodology studies with focus on installation documents. Draft own documents where required.
* Liaise with Project Manager on the organisation and management of offshore tasks, specifically installation/maintenance and ensure interfaces offshore/onshore are covered
* Responsibility for planning all offshore work within budget and schedule and feed into Project Manager
* Participate and organise HAZOPs/HAZIDs for the installation phase.
* Monitor offshore construction and ensure highest HSE standards during operations with the help of offshore representatives.
* Contract management, including drafting of scopes, vessel charter, negotiation of contracts and budget monitoring.
* Provide advice on all offshore installation and design issues, including surveys, cable/pipeline lay, lifting operations, diving and protection of assets.
* Reduce manufacture, fabrication and installation costs through effective design strategies
* Create specifications for component procurement and sub-system detailed design
* Check consistency of installation schedules between the project team and contractors and provide input to the further development of schedules.
* Development of concept and detailed design; provide early input to design of future generation of technology
An attractive day rate is available, and travel and accommodation is included.For more information about this role please contact our London office
|Preferred Experience:||5-10 years||Position Type:||Contract||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||Yes||Required for work/interview immediately:||No||Post Date:||05/10/2012||Expiration Date:||04/12/2012|