Estimating & Design Co-ordinator
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| APEX Engineering Solutions ||Job Code:||APEX1052_1349453832||Salary Band:||50 000 - 74 999||Salary Details:||£35000 - £50000 per annum||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Job Sector:||Renewables||Sub Sector:||Biomass||Skill:||
After entering the market in early 2011 our client has built upon its existing strong position within the construction industry to offer its customers a fully integrated utilities solution. It has been successful in winning substantial connections contracts within the new housing sector and this has meant it requires a highly motivated and experienced Estimating & Design Co-ordinator to join its expanding team.
The UK utility connections market is a rapidly evolving market and our client is looking for equally dynamic individuals to help build upon its impressive record to date.
As the estimating & design co-ordinator you will control and successfully deliver the company's utility proposals ensuring the returned proposals are commercially and technically compliant. Work together with other parts of the organization to ensure all proposals meet and exceed the requirements and expectations of the client. You will deal with risk management issues and developing good working relationships with design, consultants and client teams. Be expected to interface with the internal sales, design and operations teams and external designers and suppliers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepare and submit Proposals in a timely manner- evaluate received documentation, assess the resource, materials, engineering requirements and costs and compile a proposal document for review in accordance with company procedures.
* Acquire a thorough understanding of the received documentation, the Client's requirements / aspirations, and the required tender deliverables.
* Carry out detailed site visits with key stakeholders to determine and mitigate risk to the business when submitting a proposal.
* Liaise with consultants, Contract Managers, clients, sub-contractors and support functions ensuring specifications, quantities, issues and risks are identified and agreed.
* Be able to present the proposals to the management team and the client and their representatives as and when necessary.
* Instruct designs on secured proposals ensuring all client deliverables are met
* Secure approval of design from relevant adopting parties
* Manage handover to operations and commercial teams in accordance with company procedure
You will have an in depth knowledge of estimating tools and techniques, knowledge of contract terms and conditions. Have the ability to understand and interpret technical drawings and to highlight uncertainty. They are looking for someone with experience in a construction technical
|Preferred Experience:||2-5 years||Position Type:||Permanent||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||Yes||Required for work/interview immediately:||Yes||Post Date:||05/10/2012||Expiration Date:||04/11/2012|