Senior Environmental Consultant – EIA, Planning and International
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| SgurrEnergy ||Job Code:||Senior Environmental Consultant – EIA, Planning and International||Salary Details:||Neg||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Job Sector:||Renewables||Sub Sector:||Wind||Skill:||
SgurrEnergy is an international renewable energy consultancy. Over the past 18 months SgurrEnergy has been expanding its range of environmental services and we now provide services for renewable energy projects at all stages of development and operation from site selection and feasibility through EIA and planning to due diligence and construction and operation monitoring. The key planning and environmental services that we offer our clients include:
The company is seeking to recruit talented individuals to take a senior role in our expanding team, based in Glasgow.
Current Workload and Recent Project Examples
The varied nature of our client base means that SgurrEnergy’s environmental team have been involved in a wide range of projects across the world. Our core business areas currently focus on UK EIA and post consenting services and international projects which include feasibility, ESIA, environmental due diligence and construction monitoring. In addition to our UK EIA projects we have an ever growing portfolio of projects from post-consent through to construction and operational monitoring. Given our global reach we have project opportunities across the globe. The following project examples give a flavour of current workload and the type of work that we will offer to suitable candidates:
· Environmental Impact Assessment: Currently progressing 7 EIA projects in Scotland ranging from a single turbine extension to 50+ MW development.
· UK post-consent services: post-consent and construction monitoring support for two onshore UK wind farms and one major UK Round 2 offshore wind farm. Our works involves site audits, purification of planning conditions, identification and management of sub-consultants and on-going consultation with stakeholders.
· Detailed feasibility of four proposed wind farm sites in Malawi as part of the Malawi Wind Energy Preparation Programme (WEPP) to support Government of Malawi energy strategy.
· Environmental and Social Due Diligence (with site visit) for projects located in the Philippines, India, China and Mongolia.
To support the continued growth of the Environment Team we are seeking talented individuals with the ambition to join a newly formed team, take a lead role in the delivery of our current projects and also actively contribute to the growth of the team. This is a unique opportunity for a candidate to use their own skills to influence the future direction of the business. Our main workstreams are UK EIA/Planning and International environmental due diligence, although we expect some crossover between different areas and we are seeking candidates who are flexible and confident, and want to develop their skills in other areas. We are seeking candidates for the following roles:
Senior Consultant - EIA and Planning
Senior Environmental Consultant - International
· A significant amount of senior level experience in environmental consultancy is essential for this role.
The company is growing rapidly and offers excellent long-term career prospects.
Hours: 37 hours per week. Occasional evenings and weekends to travel to and attend meetings and undertake site visits.
Holidays: 23 days and 9 public holidays. Holiday entitlement increases over time.
Contract: Permanent after 3 month probationary period.
Training: Active encouragement of personal and professional development.
Equal opportunities: We follow an equal opportunities policy.
Salary: Dependent upon experience.
Location: Glasgow, but travel as required.
|Position Type:||Permanent||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||Yes||Required for work/interview immediately:||Yes||Post Date:||02/10/2012||Expiration Date:||01/11/2012|