Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Fusion People ||Job Code:||602989_1348058940||Salary Band:||25 000 - 49 999||Salary Details:||£17.00 - £20.00 per hour||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Salisbury||Address:||Job Sector:||Renewables||Sub Sector:||Hydro||Skill:||Planning||
This position is being released on a temporary basis in the Revenue Service. |
* To maximise income due to the council by way of council tax and business rates through the accurate billing, administration and collection of monies due to the Council.
* To determine and monitor all discounts, reliefs and exemptions and issue bills once these and any benefits have been applied, verifying entitlement where necessary with reference to a) other sections within the council b) other local authorities.
* Interview members of the public analysing personal circumstances and obtain information from the customer by telephone or other means to ensure the customers queries and accounts are dealt with fully, at the first point of contact.
* Confirm, authorise and monitor payments by direct debit, instigating collection of payments via appropriate software and through the Council's banking system, reversing rejected payments in accordance with AUDDIS rules and ensuring that indemnity claims are minimised.
* To deal fully with all enquiries from first contact to conclusion , as required, and at all times following customer service standards to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is maintained at all times.
* To deal with correspondence received through the document management system (DMS).
* To maintain Council Tax records in line with the information obtained from the customer. Ensuring new records, discounts, exemptions and revised accounts are produced and issued in accordance with the statutory time frames.
* To prepare and check court listings. Attend court, interview attendees and assist in the administration of debts subject to liability order.
* Implement changes in legislation and procedures affecting Council Tax and Benefit systems including I.T. Maintain good standards of housekeeping by interrogating and resolving exception reports. Undertaking programmes of testing following system upgrades and patches.
* To contact customers by telephone, letter, face to face or home visit where further information or clarification of existing information is required.
* To develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, including, valuation officer, Magistrates court, CAB, etc..
You must have previously worked within Revenues administration and have in depth knowledge of Council Tax legislation.
To apply please forward your CV.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
|Preferred Experience:||0-2 years||Position Type:||Contract||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||Yes||Required for work/interview immediately:||No||Post Date:||19/09/2012||Expiration Date:||19/10/2012|