Lead Offshore Civil / Structural Engineer
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Matchtech ||Job Code:||274185JHP_1346180435||Salary Details:||Negotiable + benefits package||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Job Sector:||Renewables||Sub Sector:||Wind||Skill:||Engineering||
The role will entail the following responsibilities:
* Support client with development of planning applications.
* Responsible for the development of the technical aspects of civil/structural engineering design works.
* Coordinate the preparation of technical specifications and assist in providing technical direction for offshore geophysical and geotechnical investigations to obtain the required data for the design.
* Coordinates preparation of basic and detailed engineering specifications and designs for steel structure foundations (monopiles and jackets), including interpretation of geophysical, geotechnical and metocean data.
* Perform all duties with and promote internally and externally a strong emphasis on health, safety, quality and environmental compliance and continuous improvement
* Assess engineering documentation, feasibility and compliance with client requirements and support the preparation of accurate budgets for new projects. Create construction programmes in relation to the project.
* Responsible for coordinating civil/structural basic and detailed engineering specifications, designs and costs for high value, complex or business critical projects.
* Responsible for providing technical and commercial assessment of tender submissions and reporting recommendations internally and to client.
* Coordinate wind farm requirements for input to project technical specifications and tender process.
* Coordination of the Preparation/Review of civil/structural drawings and specifications for construction/procurement related with offshore wind farms. Control of documentation to be issued to the Project Team and/or Client.
* Ensure civil/structural designs, equipment and construction practices are in accordance with current legislation, policies and operational requirements.
* Ensure proper technical resolution of site/ construction for offshore wind farm issues associated with project.
* Tender assessment of offshore wind farm equipment, materials and installation (including suppliers)
* Ensure IEC and Client Quality System documentation is in place and processes are followed by the Team.
* Contribute to training needs assessment for new products or similar and the development and delivery of technical, operational and safety packages for such products
*Represent IEC nationally and internationally on working groups, seminars and industry forums.
* Support Engineering Manager in the development of national and international standards or other regulatory matters related to electrical engineering to reflect the requirements of IEC and clients.
* Coordination of Project Strategy with Project Manager.
* Implementation of Project decisions in Civil/Structural Package.
* Reporting on Civil/Structural Package progress.
The following skills knowledge and experience will be required of the candidate:
* Chartered civil/Structural Engineer
* Degree qualified in Civil/Structural Engineering discipline.
* Significant experience/ knowledge supporting development & construction phases of power generation/windfarm civil/structural engineering.
* Good inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to form effective working relationships with other individuals, departments and businesses.
* Ability to implement, apply and promote CDM and Health & Safety best practice in a design environment
* Ability to represent departments or project teams regarding plant engineering issues, decisions, standards or industry best practice. Good knowledge of industry codes and standards and applicable offshore regulations.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
|Preferred Experience:||5-10 years||Position Type:||Permanent||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||Yes||Required for work/interview immediately:||Yes||Post Date:||28/08/2012||Expiration Date:||27/09/2012|