Senior Biomass Engineer
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Matchtech ||Job Code:||273574JHP_1345744826||Salary Band:||50 000 - 74 999||Salary Details:||£50000 per annum + Pension||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Falkirk||Address:||Job Sector:||Renewables||Sub Sector:||Biomass||Skill:||Engineering||
Purpose of Job:
* Responsible for the delivery of biomass heating and power projects from initial feasibility, through construction, to project handover to the client. Recent projects range from small heat boilers in buildings to multi megawatt combined heat and power projects.
* Internally within the project team
* Local and National Authorities, e.g. DECC, Ofgem, SEPA
* Utility Companies
* Feasibility, conceptual and some detailed engineering design work for biomass projects
* Preparing technical reports, including tender specification documentation
* Contributing to the continuous development of the department's biomass system modelling tools
* A level of business development, shared with the biomass team leader and Director
* Supervising and reviewing the work of graduate engineers
Knowledge & experience
* Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline
* Experience as a qualified engineer in the energy sector
* Chartered member, or working towards chartership of a relevant engineering institution
* Significant experience in delivering biomass consultancy projects, to include at least hot water or steam boiler systems.
* Client facing skills
* Experience in any of the following biomass technologies: anaerobic digestion, gasification, pyrolysis, steam turbines, district heating, organic Rankine cycle.
* Business development experience
* Highly organised
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Use of standard MS Office software, email and the Internet
* Able to manage multiple projects effectively
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
|Preferred Experience:||2-5 years||Position Type:||Permanent||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||Yes||Required for work/interview immediately:||Yes||Post Date:||23/08/2012||Expiration Date:||22/09/2012|