Wind Turbine Engineer
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Matchtech ||Job Code:||273877JHP_1345724626||Salary Band:||0-24 999||Salary Details:||£1 per annum + Salary Negotiable + Benefits||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Job Sector:||Renewables||Sub Sector:||Wind||Skill:||Engineering||
Main Responsibilities & Work Tasks |
* Managing, co-ordinating and delivering own tasks on work packages for wind turbines from development/detailed design through to commissioning.
* Delivering wind turbine work packages within Health and Safety and Environmental project objectives.
* Working as the UK based WTG technical specialist within a team of other specialists in Denmark, Germany, Sweden and Madrid.
* Delivering wind turbine work packages within financial project objectives.
* Delivering wind turbine work packages within Programme project objectives.
* Project Control, Quality and Risk management of wind turbine work packages.
* In the wider role actively participate in further development of offshore concepts and providing engineering support to other business units within our clients company.
* Represent our client at industry level.
Specific tasks for this position will include but are not limited to:
* Take on planning and development tasks related to wind turbines and advice on choice of wind turbine technology
* Evaluation of Wind Turbine Manufacturers' development of new technology
* Preparation of feasibility studies and implementation of due diligence tasks
* Design review of wind turbines
* Liaise and coordinate with multiple Wind Turbine Manufacturers and Consultants to identify options for standardisation and upscaling of production.
* Propose and maintain Employers´ Requirements.
* Assistance in preparation, evaluation and negotiation of tender documents for wind turbine procurement
* Provide technical input to commercial agreements and contracts to ensure project risks are mitigated
* Contribute to the identification and management of issues and impacts to the projects
* Manage, liaise and coordinate with multiple Consultants and Contractors delivering support on wind turbine work packages
* Identifying interfaces on wind turbine work packages and liaising with the Interfacing
* Manager and Managers of related work packages
* Ensure that work scopes run on time and within budget
* Ensure that the projects maintain high levels of health and safety standards
Qualifications and Skills
* Academic degree (Bachelor or Master): in engineering based subject such as: Mechanical or the equivalent
* IT literate with a good ability to operate MS Office systems and other
* IT based project management software
* Extensive technical experience within the wind turbine industry or very closely related industry
* Experience in drafting and participating in negotiation of Employer's Requirements in relation to the Turbine Supply Agreement
* Development experience within a complex multidisciplinary project environment
* Understanding of WTG drivetrains, and electrical generation.
* Ability to translate technical detail into commercial impact
* Experience to operate in large scale matrix organisations and Joint Ventures
* High degree of self motivation with a flexible approach to work
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Experience of multi-megawatt WTGs
* Good understanding of the interaction between electrical and mechanical components
* Previous experience in offshore wind.
* Understanding of WTG structures, blades, power electronics, park control, SCADA, O&M.
* Understanding of wind engineering concepts such as wake effects, and wind resource assessment.
London, the position will require travel to various site locations both in UK and internationally
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
|Preferred Experience:||2-5 years||Position Type:||Permanent||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||Yes||Required for work/interview immediately:||Yes||Post Date:||23/08/2012||Expiration Date:||22/09/2012|