Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Great Progression Path
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Progressive Global Energy & Natural Resources ||Job Code:||PR-12295690_1345044577||Salary Band:||25 000 - 49 999||Salary Details:||£35000 - £45000 per annum + Car, Pension, Healthcare||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Worcestershire||Address:||Job Sector:||Renewables||Sub Sector:||Hydro||Skill:||
Job title: Mechanical Design Engineer |
Location: Worcestershire, West Midlands
Start your new role as the Senior Design Engineer with the view of becoming head of the department.
Purpose of the role.
To undertake all functions allocated by departmental management in support of product design, system integration and test facility design, including calculations, production drawings and graphical representations of installations. To visit offices in Europe, UK customer's and sub-contractor's sites as required by the role.
To be the drawing system administrator.
To manage, maintain and develop the CAD system in conjunction with the IT Manager. This will include recommendations and justifications for changes to the CAD system with the aim of improving overall efficiency and inter-affiliate CAD file exchange.
Details of tasks required of the role
* To carry out all duties commensurate with the role of mechanical design engineer.
* To produce such mechanical designs, calculations, drawings and documents as are required to support the bidding process and fulfilment of contracts.
* To take a leading role, following appropriate training and familiarisation, in the creation and maintenance of a drawing filing and file sharing system (using 2D and 3D CAD) to allow common use of designed modules.
* With training assistance, to develop and maintain a level of expertise in company products and processes as appropriate to the role.
* To assist in the preparation of quotations and to make such presentations as are required to support the sales process.
* To develop and maintain regular harmonious relations with colleagues throughout the group and with potential, past and present customers.
* To comply with all Quality Assurance and Environmental Protection procedures pertinent to the mechanical design process.
* To travel to group and customer sites as is reasonably required to achieve the targets set for the role. Travel to group sites for training or contracts may require short term placements of mutually agreed duration.
The Mechanical Design engineer must be an expert user of SolidWorks and AutoCad LT, and must be able to demonstrate experience in the design of:
* Machined components
* Complex fabrications
* Fluid piping systems
* Ventilation systems and ductwork
A working knowledge of the Machinery Directive and the CE marking process is required.
Experience in the engine and automotive test industry will be a key advantage.
Minimum qualification for this position is HND Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Interviews begin immediately, please send me your updated CV to be shortlisted.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
|Preferred Experience:||5-10 years||Position Type:||Permanent||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||Yes||Required for work/interview immediately:||Yes||Post Date:||15/08/2012||Expiration Date:||14/09/2012|