Project Manager - Nuclear
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| APEX Engineering Solutions ||Job Code:||9548_1344529664||Salary Band:||50 000 - 74 999||Salary Details:||£40000 - £50000 per annum + company benefits||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Job Sector:||Power & Nuclear||Sub Sector:||Construction||Skill:||Engineering||
Reporting to the Account Manager and other key stakeholders, the Project Manager shall be responsible for completion of projects across multiple sites safely, on time and within budget. The project manager shall meet all agreed safety, cost and programme objectives, ensuring that sufficient resources are available to meet the requirements of projects; including unplanned or emergent work.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the project, managing health, safety and welfare of the work force and all affected by the project and achieving the specified objectives and deliverables in accordance with the Client's Scope of Work.
The Project Manager shall ensure that an approved, Scope of Work has been provided, reviewed and agreed with the Customer; and that sufficient funding has been sanctioned to cover the project.
The Project Manager shall ensure that Project Management services provided comply fully with the requirements of:
* Applicable Regulations and Legislation;
* Applicable Nuclear Site Licence conditions;
The Project Manager shall ensure that Project Management activities undertaken in accordance with:
* ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems;
* BS EN ISO 14001: Environmental Management;
Knowledge skills & experience:
The Project Manager shall ensure that project management activities undertaken
* Develop strategies and solutions for the project and manage their implementation in order to optimise cost, schedule and performance activities in accordance with the client, site and/or building rules, procedures and applicable regulations.
* Application of risk management techniques in order to identify, manage and mitigate the impact of project risks, as they occur.
* Production of an approved project programme.
* Provision of supporting estimates and a detailed cost base.
* Preparation and issue of an approved quality programme.
* Developing the Project Management or Project Execution Plan.
* Preparation of Pre-construction Information and/or a Construction Phase Plan in accordance with CDM regulations; if required.
* Delegation of work packages to Project Engineers, Site Managers and subcontractors, whilst maintaining overall responsibility for the Project.
* Issue of Invitations To Tender and subsequent selection and award of contracts to sub-contractors.
* Take-over of areas, facilities or systems from the Client/Plant Manager.
* Providing expenditure reports, forecasts and monitoring financial out turns.
* Handover of completed facilities/systems to the Client/Plant Manager; including issue of supporting documentation and the CDM Health and Safety File.
*Good Basic Education (minimum of 5 GCSE's Grades A-C or equivalent)
*IOSH Managing Safely
*Thorough grounding in engineering and construction.
*Thorough understanding of current health, safety and environmental legislation, approved codes of practice and relevant standards.
*Understanding of Quality Management systems and principles. CDM Regulations
|Preferred Experience:||5-10 years||Position Type:||Permanent||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||No||Required for work/interview immediately:||No||Post Date:||09/08/2012||Expiration Date:||08/09/2012|