Senior Project Manager
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Fluor ||Job Code:||Senior Project Manager||Salary Details:||Competitive Salary||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Farnborough||Address:||Job Sector:||
Oil & Gas
Power & Nuclear
|Sub Sector:||Engineering||Skill:||Project Management||
Due to the recent award of a number of major, world-class projects, Fluor is in an exciting period of significant growth, and as such we are now keen to speak with experienced Senior Project Managers to fill immediate staffing requirements based here in our brand new, purpose built,
At Fluor we believe that your career development is far more than just your next project, and there simply couldn’t be a better time for career-minded professionals to join our team.
The Senior Project Manager performs all project management responsibilities on a medium to large sized, moderate to high risk EPCM project and may also be assigned responsibility for a substantial area of a very large or mega project. The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of establishing an execution framework on the project that complies with the contract and ensures the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the completed project.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Providing strong, effective and decisive project leadership and establishing an execution framework to ensure the quality, value, timeliness, and profitability of the total project execution (EPCM, commissioning, startup, and operations as appropriate to the project scope);
• Emphasis on safety throughout all phases of the project;
• Implementing the requirements of the OSR and applicable OSIP on each project;
• Delivery of the project in accordance with the Project Baseline;
• Meeting the as-sold profitability target established in the Project Baseline;
• Developing a complete understanding of the contract and any relevant subcontracts in order to provide full support to the project management team;
• Establishing and defining the project organisation, defining the project staffing requirements, coordinating staffing with supporting organisation managers;
• Ensuring effective and timely coordination between design, procurement, material management, and construction for integration of technical content and schedule activities;
• Ensuring accurate, comprehensive and timely project reporting;
• Demonstrating innovation, initiative, maturity, and sound judgment;
• Establishing and maintaining effective client relations that result in active cooperation, prompt payment, and stimulating the desire to award follow-on work;
• Providing an environment for the development and professional advancement of project personnel, including on-the-job and formal training, mentoring and development opportunities;
• May be required to participate in sales and marketing efforts.
Basic Job Requirements
• A Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in engineering or another technical field from an accredited university;
• Significant relevant EPCM project management experience;
• Demonstration of successful performance as Project Manager on a minimum of two small to medium sized projects or in significant positions on large to very large sized EPCM projects;
• Leadership skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Willingness to travel.
• Chartered Engineering Status CEng is preferred;
• An advanced project management or business degree is recommended;
• Project or unit management experience in international locations and diverse cultural environments is recommended.
Fluor’s new Farnborough office has been designed to meet the modern day way of working. From having excellent work stations and offices, to coffee shops and social areas, working at this office facility brings out the best in individuals. It also has excellent transport links to airports, rail and major motorways.
Fluor offers an excellent range of benefits which include:
· Competitive Salary
· 9 day fortnight (every other Friday you have a 3 day weekend!)
· Company Pension
|Preferred Experience:||-||Position Type:||Permanent||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||No||Required for work/interview immediately:||Yes||Post Date:||08/08/2012||Expiration Date:||06/09/2012|