Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Matchtech ||Job Code:||270700DZ_1342454107||Salary Band:||25 000 - 49 999||Salary Details:||Negotiable||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Scotland||Address:||Job Sector:||Oil & Gas||Sub Sector:||Onshore||Skill:||Mechanical||
Mechanical Engineer required with a strong design background in the petrochem (or related) industry. Ideally this experience will be on brownfield sites. |
- Assist with the running of the mechanical design department.
- Ensure Safety, Health & Environmental protection are inherent in the mechanical engineering design
- Understand and incorporate the key requirements of the Basis of Safety into the mechanical engineering design
- Ensure mechanical equipment specifications are consistent with current standards/directives and local developments
- Ensure essential company, (internal & customer) and statutory design standards are effectively and consistently applied to all mechanical equipment.
- Manage the development and delivery of the required mechanical engineering documentation to meet the agreed project programme
- Manage the development of and approve mechanical engineering estimates and programmes.
- Provide appropriate mechanical engineering support for all project activities
- Identify and share project learning as the project proceeds for review and consideration at the end of project review.
- Prepare mechanical data sheets.
- Prepare specifications for mechanical equipment, manage the tender/bid and post order processes etc.
- Assist with the training programme and in particular the development of juniors within their formative years.
- Experience of safely engineering Projects/Activities on brownfield sites.
- Delivering performance improvements in mechanical design & project activities
- Experience of working within a project & mechanical design engineering environment
- Has worked with basic process data to produce mechanical data sheets/specifications.
- Good technical knowledge on a variety of mechanical equipment
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
|Preferred Experience:||5-10 years||Position Type:||Contract||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||Yes||Required for work/interview immediately:||No||Post Date:||16/07/2012||Expiration Date:||15/08/2012|