| Employer: || ATA Recruitment |
| Job Code: ||
|| Salary Band: ||
50 000 - 74 999
|| Salary Details: ||
£35 - 40 per hour
|| Country: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| City: ||
|| Address: || || Job Sector: ||
Power & Nuclear
|| Sub Sector: ||
|| Skill: ||
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer x 3
(Concept Design and Calculations, Machinery Background)
£35 - £40 p/h, 6-9 month contract,
Interviews 1-2 weeks, Start 13th August
Through the award of several multi million pound contracts with global corporations on the FTSE 100 and Fortune 500, this globally renowned supplier of specialist systems and equipment has a secure order book for the next 10 years and is predicting 10% growth year on year. With one major project kicking off in the next 4 weeks, the client urgently needs to recruit 3 skilled senior mechanical engineers for long term contract positions. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced mechanical engineer to secure a long term contract with a rapidly growing business and with interview times arranged for the 17th July send your CV now to be in with a chance of success.
The successful mechanical engineer must possess the following skills and experience:
• Concept design experience.
• Able to do engineering calculations.
• Background with materials handling equipment or special purpose machinery - this could include food process, automated warehouse distribution, bulk handling, cranes, automotive, aerospace, packaging equipment, robotics, pharmaceutical, etc.
• Due to the nature of some of the work you will need to gain SC clearance.
The role will involve:
• Understanding the requirements of the project or writing client requirements if not in place.
• Writing proposals and creating specifications.
• Conceptual design of systems and individual pieces of equipment. This could involve specifying the equipment required or designing the equipment yourself.
• Equipment involved will be conveyors, cranes, lifts and stores - similar to warehouse automation but in an area of limited space.
• When designing the equipment, you will work on beams, trolleys, mechanisms, components and structures.
• Scoping calculations to back up design. This could be either hand calculations or using MathCAD.
• Potentially getting involved with bids.
The company will offer the successful mechanical engineer the following:
• Between £35 p/h - £40 p/h Ltd dependent on skills and experience.
• An initial 6-9 month contract with opportunities for long term extensions.
• A start in the next 4 weeks.
• Some flexible working hours - early start, finishing early on Friday afternoons, etc.
• The opportunity to secure a role with a rapidly growing enterprise with aggressive growth plans over the next decade.
• A global supplier of specialist systems and equipment, predominately mechanical handling equipment and special purpose machinery for warehouse distribution and food process.
To be considered for this role call David McKay at ATA Recruitment Ltd on 01162167000 (office), 01162167009 (direct line), 07818083070 (mobile) or email email@example.com.
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK as you will need to gain security clearance.
| Position Type: ||
|| Job Hours: ||
|| Post Date: || 17/08/2012 || Expiration Date: || 16/09/2012 |