| Employer: || Allen & York |
| Job Code: ||
|| Salary Details: ||
|| Country: ||
|| City: ||
|| Address: || || Job Sector: ||
|| Sub Sector: ||
|| Skill: ||
Wind Analyst - Team Manager
To establish dedicated resource assessment capability and a service function within the [Wind] Technical Team, providing advice and support to the wider teams on the optimisation of wind resource through the complete lifecycle of wind farms. Potentially extending this expertise to other renewable technologies as the company evolves.
More specifically, the implementation of this strategy will involve responsibilities in the following key areas:
Wind Analysis & Energy Yield Predictions
- Proposing and implementing a strategy, campaign and budget for the measurement, assessment and prediction of wind resource and energy yield on the company's' development portfolio from site identification through to financial close (No and locations of masts, hub height, timing of assessments, quality of data, redeployment etc). In particular, ensuring that project finance requirements are considered in the resource assessment strategy from the outset.
- Management of wind resource consultants and wind assessment process as appropriate.
- Management of the safe deployment of wind measurement hardware including meteorological masts and remote sensing equipment (Also responsible for specification or equipment. Reviewing remote sensing technologies and proposing future needs during the project life cycle).
- Collection and review of data from The company's' fleet of wind monitoring devices
- Management of post-construction/acquisition wind analysis and reconciliation against pre-construction/acquisition analysis for post investment reviews of operating wind farms. Updating the p50 output for budgeting purposes and feeding back correction factor analysis into the pre-construction assessment process (Check against which consultant s perform well, making sure budgets are appropriate).
- Establish and annually maintain national and regional wind indices using data obtained from The company's met masts and data from operating wind farms.
- Propose and implement a strategy for the requirements of power performance testing during the construction phase using external consultants where necessary and providing interpretative advice to the construction team. Ensuring the requirements of this are considered in wind farm planning application s.
- Establishing and maintaining a database of wind resource from the fleet of masts and any third party data obtained.
- Provide advice and support to the Operations Team on wind resource issues, in particular reviewing performance on operational projects and advising of any power curve issues .
Wind Farm Design
- Review wind farm development software available, recommend the most appropriate and use it to provide a wind farm design service to the project managers.
- Optimisation of layouts of site design from an energy yield perspective whilst also working within technical and environmental constraints defined by the project managers.
- Recommending candidate turbines during the project development phase and advising on energy yields.
- Establishment and maintenance of a GIS system database of maps and shape files to assist with project development. Providing GIS support to project managers for outline site design .
- Training and advice for project managers on the use of software for the layout of wind farms and on resource optimisation measures.
- Undertaking and management of due diligence on wind resource, turbine selection, energy yields and curtailment strategies for potential acquisitions.
- Establishing and maintaining a database of turbine technical parameters including power curves, noise data, etc
- Establishing and maintaining a database of wind data from UK Meteorological Office weather stations for use by consultants for wind resource assessment
- Working with the Procurement Manager in developing relationships and framework agreements with technical advisors for wind assessment to maximise service levels in terms of value, reliability and responsiveness.
- Aspects of project management including, input to board papers, preparation and management of resource budget, raising purchase orders, etc.
- Assisting with site finding activities by identifying areas of low wind speed resource likely to be unsuitable for wind farm development.
- Long Term Strategic Objectives
- To manage the wind forecasting service to support the Commercial Team in power trading
- Extending the services across other technologies including solar pv, hydro and other technologies as the company's corporate development strategy evolves.
Previous experience in the assessment of wind resource and energy yield predictions, strong customer service skills, attention to detail, methodical and analytical mind, able to manage multiple projects to programme and budget. Commitment to continual improvement.
Based in Edinburgh. Willingness to travel around the UK.
| Preferred Experience: ||
| Position Type: ||
|| Job Hours: ||
|| Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required: ||
|| Required for work/interview immediately: ||
|| Post Date: || 13/07/2012 || Expiration Date: || 12/08/2012 |