CHP Service Engineer
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Astute Technical ||Job Code:||1206-64WB_1339770779||Salary Band:||25 000 - 49 999||Salary Details:||£28000 - £31000 per annum||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||City of London||Address:||Job Sector:||Renewables||Sub Sector:||Biomass||Skill:||Engineering||
Generator Service Engineer |
Reside London & Home Counties to work in Central London
Salary £30,000 + Van & benefits package
Join Europe's leading specialist in CHP systems (Combined Heat & Power) to carry our planned & reactive maintenance on a range of small scale packaged CHP (gas driven generators) units on customer sites working from a home base (ideally South of the River Thames) that you will be assigned 'ownership' of up to 20 installations.
* You will be interrogating generation plant via their laptop menu driven systems from home to you allow to plan your own work schedule to maintain system availability with a great deal of flexibility in the hours you work in performing the role given the difficulties in driving within London.
* You will be supported by a service department that monitors over 500 installations from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM 365 day per year by a team of engineers who can shutdown & re-start the units remotely so the Service Engineer is not called out unnecessarily.
What you'll be doing...
* Routine maintenance of gas fuelled generators performing oil, filter, spark plug changes to battery conditioning employing logical fault finding techniques working in digital control panels to top end engine maintenance.
* Typical installations will be found within large hotel & supermarket chains, small hospitals, leisure centres, any site that has an electrical & heat demand with units ranging from 130kW to 1 MW of electrical generation. CHP systems encompass medium speed engines operating as base load gensets running on natural gas & bio-gas from renewable sources.
What you'll need for this position...
* To be successful you should be an 'elec/mech' engineer or a 'mech/elec' engineer that understands combustion principles relative to internal combustion engines with electrical abilities used to engine/generator servicing that can work safely in a control panel & adjust PLC's for fuel trim routines to maximise electrical & heat output.
* Applications invited from the Armed Forces and Marine Engineers, Generator & Construction Plant Service Engineers to Automotive Engineers which are stated for example purposes.
What's in it for you...
* As part of your product training you will receive gas accreditation certification to work on gas fuelled plant.
* You will be supplied with a commercial vehicle, fuel card, credit card, laptop, mobile phone & work clothes together with specialist tools.
* They offer PPP medical cover, Life Assurance, Pension - 4% of base salary to a nominated pension provider or join group scheme. Non taxable allowance of £100 per month to cover vehicle washing.
* In addition, there will be a limited amount of overtime and typical earnings should be up to £35,000 accordingly. Being 'on call' is voluntary as this is deemed a Monday to Friday role and be 'home for tea'.
* You can start your day as early as you like as some engineers like to finish midday because of London traffic congestion.
How to apply...
Please e-mail your CV to Will Bartlam at ASTUTE Technical Recruitment, email@example.com or for more information please call Will directly on 02392 288207 quoting reference 1206-64WB
Astute Technical Recruitment / AstuteJobs are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
|Preferred Experience:||10 years+||Position Type:||Permanent||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||Yes||Required for work/interview immediately:||Yes||Post Date:||13/07/2012||Expiration Date:||12/08/2012|