Project Services Manager
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Matchtech ||Job Code:||267486PLT_1339501241||Salary Band:||75 000 - 99 999||Salary Details:||£90000 per annum||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Surrey||Address:||Job Sector:||Oil & Gas||Sub Sector:||Onshore||Skill:||Engineering||
Matchtech are looking for an experienced Project Manager to cover planning/scheduling, cost control, document control, risk management and such functions. The ideal candidate will come from a subsea background. |
The project intends to develop a number of fields in offshore Africa on a holistic rather than individual basis. This consists of four Projects to be developed over a 10 year period.
Cameron has the contract for Subsea Production Systems, consisting of wellheads, manifolds, jumpers, connectors and subsea control systems.
The position reports to the Project Services Manager for the region with a dotted line to the Project Director. This role is responsible for all activities related to the project services functions that are required to meet contractual obligations and profit objectives. Ensuring that company project services policies and procedures are followed on assigned projects.
Supervises assigned members of the Project Services Team, such as the project planner, cost analyst, risk analyst/manager and document controller.
1. Provide effective leadership, development and training of assigned project services personnel.
2. Establish a Project Services Team appropriate to meet the needs of the project to cover planning /scheduling, cost control, document control, risk management and such other functions as may be within the Project Services Manager's assigned areas of responsibility. Provide direction and guidance to the Project Services Team and monitors all project control documentation, to ensure accuracy, consistency and compliance within client and management requirements.
3. Participate in the preparation and presentation of proposals and manages those parts related to Project Services.
4. Develop Client and Company project services policies and procedures, which are appropriate for the project contractual arrangements. Prepare and maintain Project Services Plans and ensures that they provide for the effective use of company resources.
5. Develop the basic scheduling and progress measurement concepts in conjunction with the Lead Project Planner. Identify and advise the Project Director of potential schedule problems.
6. Define the document management requirements and initiate the document management system in conjunction with the Document Controller.
7. Coordinates with the material management team and to set up the equipment and bulk material identification and schedule needs in conjunction with the Material Controller.
8. Establish the project procedure to be used for monitoring, trending, reporting and predicting project costs. Advise the Project Director/Manager on corrective actions against adverse cost trends. Responsible for the initial budget distribution and the planning and production of all subsequent project control and check estimates.
9. Establish an effective Management of Change procedure and ensure that it is rigorously adhered to in order that all changes from the Control Estimate scope of work are identified, estimated and approved before implementation and, in the case of client changes, that all additional revenue resulting there from are recovered.
10. Responsible for the timely production of those sections of both Company and Client Reports related to the project services functions. Attends progress, schedule and cost review meetings, participates in presentations and discusses with the client on topics related to project controls.
11. Maintain effective and harmonious Client relations. Ensures that the Project Services functions meet all contractual requirements.
BS in Engineering and a Business background
Experience in a Project Services position
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Strong Microsoft Project and/or Primavera skills are required, and experience working with SAP R/3 would be a definite advantage. Product knowledge of subsea systems is highly desirable.
Experience in Subsea engineering, manufacturing or construction industry
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with all Cameron policies and applicable federal or state laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to include all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of individuals with this classification.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
|Preferred Experience:||5-10 years||Position Type:||Permanent||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||Yes||Required for work/interview immediately:||No||Post Date:||11/07/2012||Expiration Date:||10/08/2012|