Mechanical Engineer - 6 Months minimum - £35 per hour ltd
Structural steel/special purpose machinery/calculations/design
This well established company design and manufacture bespoke special purpose machinery for major blue chip companies such as Rolls Royce and Alstom. Working closely with their clients to ensure their products gain required accreditations this company have been supplying bespoke machinery and test rigs for nearly fifty years.
What the role will involve:
1. Understanding the clients specification and requirements.
2. Concept mechanical engineering of the product including:
a. Structural calculations.
b. Thermal and heat dissipation calculations
c. Stress and load calculations.
d. Centre of gravity calculations.
3. Sketching designs, either by hand or on autocad and then liaising with the drawing office who will complete all of the detailed drawings.
4. Specifying what information needs to go in to the technical documentation.
5. Liaising directly with the project engineer responsible for project to ensure design is completed on time.
6. Liaison with the shop floor to solve any uncertainty with the design.
What the company are looking for in the contractor:
1. Mechanical engineering experience on large structures.
2. Ideally worked on machinery used within a safety critical environment.
3. Can do stress calculations using math cad and classical hand calculation methods.
4. Good communication skills - as you will be liaising and delegating work to the draughtsmen.
What the company can offer the contractor:
1. Opportunity for contract extensions.
2. Competitive hourly rates.
3. Challenging role.
4. Ability to do overtime
What the company do:
1. Designers and manufacturers of bespoke special purpose machinery for various industries.
2. Work with some of the largest companies in the world.
3. Established over 100 years.
For more information or to apply for this role please contact Chris Deverson on 0116 2167000. Alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom. No sponsorship can be offered for this role.