Commissioning Engineer (Control Room) - Power Station
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Astute Technical ||Job Code:||1205-70MD_1338211919||Salary Details:||Highly competitive salary||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nottinghamshire||Address:||Job Sector:||Renewables||Sub Sector:||Biomass||Skill:||Engineering||
Commissioning Engineer (Control Room) - Power Station |
£Highly competitive salary - 12 month contract!
Our client is currently in the process of constructing and commissioning a large, state of the art CCGT power station in Nottinghamshire and now require an experienced Commissioning Engineer to join their team. The Commissioning Engineer will work from the sites Control Room with responsibilities similar to that of a conventional Shift Team Leader/ Operations Team Leader.
What you will be doing...
Working from the sites control room the Commissioning Engineer will be responsible for:
* Supporting site based Commissioning Engineers and Control Room Technicians
* Starting, stopping and monitoring all plant found on the CCGT
* Carrying out specific commissioning duties as instructed by Commissioning Team Leaders and the Commissioning Manager
* Actively participating in the daily start-up meeting
* Preparing plant for and conducting tests
* Preparing and filling reports
* Carrying out boiler chemical cleaning and steam blow activities
* Verifying DCS displays during I/O tests and loop checks
* Identifying and reporting any issues
* All other duties as directed
What will you need...
It is essential that candidates applying for this great opportunity have significant CCGT commissioning experience or at least power plant operations experience at Shift Team Leader/ Operations Team Leader/ Shift Manager Level. Candidates must be prepared to work shifts and weekends as required.
What's in it for you...
* Good contract rate
* 12 month contract
How to apply...
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 210 to speak with Matt Dickens who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment / AstuteJobs are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
|Preferred Experience:||0-2 years||Position Type:||Contract||Job Hours:||Full Time||Mandatory Requirement: National Residency or Valid Work Permit required:||Yes||Required for work/interview immediately:||Yes||Post Date:||26/06/2012||Expiration Date:||26/07/2012|